Friday, September 21, 2012

Paint and communication (or lack thereof)

September 21, 2012

Well, I have good news and bad news.  First, the good news.  The house is looking great!  This week, they painted the walls and the trim, installed bathroom and kitchen cabinets and poured concrete for the driveway, front stoop and front path.  Some pictures:

The front bedrooms:

 The finished area of the basement:
 New handrails!
 The front (although I'm not sure why they haven't finished the siding for over a week...)
 The kitchen cabinets:
 The newly painted front door:

Now, on to the bad news.  First of all, they still haven't finished the siding.  It has been 80% done for over a week.  The extra siding is in the garage and has been since before the original installation. At one point it sat on the driveway and was rained on for a few days.

Finally, the title company and my lender are calling me asking for closing details, but K. Hovnanian (Oster Homes) has not told me anything.  I emailed the construction manager about the dates, and he sent me an email that walk-through would be on October 5th and closing would be on October 10th.  The title company called and scheduled a meeting for the 5th.  Still no communication from K. Hov's main office.  I sent another email to the construction manager stating that I hadn't received anything from the main office yet, after he told me last week that I would.  He sent me back an apology for not sending me the dates earlier (he did send me dates already...) and that the walk through would be on the 12th and closing would be on the 17th, a week later than we originally discussed!  I'm so confused and no one seems to be communicating.  I feel like someone at K. Hov dropped the ball here, and now I am left to rearrange everything after spending hours organizing work schedules planning the move.  Hopefully, someone will get their act together ASAP communicate with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment